Network-attached storage (NAS) drives are a popular and convenient way to store data, but what happens when data is lost or deleted?
When data is lost from a NAS drive, the first step is to determine the cause. This could be due to disk failure, corruption of the file system, or a software issue, among other things. Once the cause is determined, the recovery process can begin.
Reasons for NAS Failure and Data Loss
There are many reasons why NAS devices can fail and cause data loss. Some of the most common reasons include the following:
- NAS Drive Failure. Disk failure is a common cause of NAS drive failure and data loss. This can occur due to physical damage to the disk, such as a head crash, surface damage, or wear and tear over time.
- Corruption of the File System. File system corruption can occur due to software issues, power outages, or other factors. This can result in data loss or make accessing the data stored on the NAS drive difficult.
- Software Issues. Software issues, such as bugs or compatibility issues, can cause NAS drive failure and data loss. This can occur when the software is installed on the NAS drive or on other devices that are connected to the NAS drive.
- Human error. Human errors, such as accidentally deleting files or formatting the wrong drive, can cause data loss. It is important to be careful when working with NAS drives and to have a solid understanding of the drive’s file system and operating system.
- Power outages. Power outages can cause data loss or corruption, especially if the NAS drive is not equipped with a backup power supply or battery.
By understanding the reasons why NAS drives can fail and cause data loss, it is possible to take proactive steps to protect your data and minimize the risk of data loss.
Protecting Your Data on NAS System
To protect against data loss, it is important to take proactive steps to ensure your data is secure. These actions may include regularly backing up data to an external storage device or using a cloud-based storage solution. Additionally, it is important to periodically check the health of your NAS drive and take steps to resolve any issues that may arise.
NAS drive data recovery is a critical process that requires expertise, resources, and a solid understanding of the specific file system and operating system. By following data loss prevention steps and taking proactive steps to protect your data, you can ensure that your data is secure and recoverable in the event of a loss.
Nevertheless, data loss may be unavoidable. It is essential to entrust your failed NAS to a professional company for the most efficient result.
Our NAS Drive Data Recovery Process
NAS drive data recovery is a complicated process for businesses and individuals who rely on NAS drives for data storage. Understanding the specific file system and operating system used by the NAS drive and RAID configuration is critical to ensuring successful data recovery.
- Identify the cause of data loss. Before starting the recovery process, it is important to determine the cause of the data loss. Our engineers perform a risk-free evaluation to estimate the reason for data loss and the level of damage.
- Perform data recovery. After selecting the most suitable data recovery strategy, our engineers safely perform a restoration. We work in ISO Certified Class 10 Cleanroom and restore your data step-by-step, achieving the highest level of security.
- Schedule a file verification session. After the recovery is completed, we schedule a file verification for our clients. You can confirm all the restored files and approve the results.
- Returning the files. After the data recovery results are approved, we safely send them to our client. We can send the data using a password-protected cloud or external drive. After the data is received, we delete all of the files from our servers.
NAS Data Recovery Services by PITS
PITS Global Data Recovery Services is a professional company that specializes in NAS data recovery services. With a team of highly trained and experienced data recovery experts, PITS has the knowledge and resources necessary to recover data from any type of NAS drive, including those using RAID configurations.
The recovery process is performed in a secure and controlled environment using state-of-the-art data recovery tools and techniques. We will successfully recover your deleted or lost data from the NAS drive.
Advantages of Our NAS Storage Recovery Services:
In addition to NAS data recovery services, PITS also provides data recovery services for a wide range of other storage devices, including hard drives, solid-state drives, tapes, and more. Our company is the go-to provider for individuals and businesses needing to recover their valuable data and is committed to providing fast, reliable, affordable data recovery services.
Start your data recovery process today by filling out the form below or calling our customer service line at 888 611 0737. We will gladly help you recover your data from a failed NAS drive.